To encourage research in the college student affairs field; to provide current research and reports to the membership in a timely manner; and to coordinate the selection and awarding of the SACSA Research Incentive Grant and the Dissertation of the Year Award. Both awards are presented at the annual conference awards and recognition luncheon.
The Research Committee has created a new system called SACSAworks where members can upload their current research or scholarly works for other members to view. Find information about SACSAworks and research tips here.
The Research Committee also picks an annual Research Grant Award winner to be announced at the annual conference. Find information about the Research Grant process here.
The Research Committee is also responsible for approving requests for membership lists for research projects. Please note the following requirements for such requests:
The Research Committee will review the study, the IRB, and make a decision on approving the study. Persons or groups who want to survey or use the SACSA membership list for research purposes should follow this protocol.
- Submit a written request (email) to the Research Committee Chair. This request should include detailed information about the research study and the IRB approval form.
- This request is reviewed by the Research Chair and committee.
- If the request is approved, the chair will submit the proposal to the VP for submission to the Executive Council (EC).
- The VP will forward the request to EC with a motion to approve.
- The applicant will receive an official letter/email informing him/her of the final decision. This letter will include the cost of the labels, reason for denial or approval conditions, and contact information for those involved in supporting the research.
Please submit the request, information regarding the research study, and IRB approval document to firstname.lastname@example.org.