The Southern Association for College Student Affairs (SACSA) is an independent, regional, and generalist association designed for the professional development of practitioners, educators, and students engaged in the student affairs profession.
The guiding principles below serve as the cornerstone for SACSA’s impact on higher learning.
SACSA Vision Statement:
The Southern Association for College Student Affairs is committed to being the preeminent generalist organization for practitioners, educators, and students engaged in the student affairs profession.
SACSA Mission Statement:
The mission of the Southern Association for College Student Affairs is to advance:
- Opportunities for professional development;
- Scholarship, research, and ethical practice; and
- Understanding of issues impacting students and the student affairs profession, while fostering our core values of inclusiveness, professionalism, and collegiality.
SACSA Core Values:
The core values below represent the ideals on which the Southern Association for College Student Affairs was built and from which it continues to prosper. The Core Values of Inclusiveness, Professionalism, and Collegiality shall permeate all governance, decisions, operations and activities of the association.
- Inclusiveness: Diversity, History, Affordability, Accessibility, Involvement
- Professionalism: Research, Scholarship, Practice, Expertise, Professional Development, Integrity, Learning
- Collegiality: Mentoring, Collaboration, Regional Commitment, Volunteerism, Fellowship, Traditions, Networking
(Adopted Summer 2008)