SACSA Presidential Scholar Internship
SACSA is excited to announce the development and implementation of the SACSA Presidential Scholar internship. The SACSA Presidential Scholar is a yearlong (2017 – 2018) internship designed for a 1st year Master’s student in a College Student Affairs Graduate Preparation Program. The Presidential Scholar will work one-on-one with the President (currently President-Elect) of SACSA for the duration of the President’s term (November 2017-November 2018). The purpose of this experience is to provide a master’s student with a unique professional development opportunity.
The SACSA Presidential Scholar will assist the President of SACSA throughout the year with all duties assigned by the President. It is expected that this person will attend and assist with the Executive Council Mid-Year Meeting (January or February 2018) and the 2018 SACSA with NASPA Region III Annual Conference (November 2 – November 5). This is an at-will opportunity.
To apply for the Presidential Scholar internship the following must be met:
- A current SACSA Member at time of application
- A 1st year Master’s student in a College Student Affairs Graduate Preparation program in the SACSA region
The Presidential Scholar will receive:
- A 1 year SACSA Membership renewal
- Conference Registration to the SACSA with NASPA Region III Annual Conference (2018)
- Funding for hotel and travel up to $700 (including airfare, or mileage, meals not provided, etc.) to attend the Annual Conference
- Paid hotel and travel to attend the mid-year meeting in Myrtle Beach, SC
To apply for the SACSA Presidential Scholar internship, an applicant must submit a single PDF consisting of the following documents to email@example.com by September 15
- Letter of application addressing desire to apply, skills relevant to the position, professional goals, and aspirations for serving in this role.
- Letter of support from current supervisor (full-time position, assistantship, internship, etc.)
- Letter of support from Faculty Program Coordinator
- Current resume
The applications will be reviewed by the President, President-Elect, and Past-President of SACSA. The Presidential Panel will invite qualified applicants to an online interview. After the interview, the Presidential Panel will select an applicant.