Call for Programs
SACSA encourages the submission of innovative and engaging program proposals for the 2017 Annual Conference scheduled for Saturday, October 28 – Monday, 30, 2017 in Chattanooga, TN. Our theme for 2017, “New Directions: A Climate of Change,” is a reprise from the 1961 conference theme with a new focus on social innovation. Social Innovation describes new strategies, concepts, ideas and organizations that meet social needs.
Faculty, practitioners and graduate students are invited to share innovative solutions, new research, and current trends addressing best practices in collaboration, partnerships and experiential learning related to one or more the following topics:
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion
- Mental Health
- Research and Assessment
- Academic Partnerships
SACSA program proposals will be accepted in the following formats:
- Concurrent Sessions - A traditional 50-minute breakout session. Presenters are encouraged to use creative and engaging techniques to interact with the audience.
- Lightning Round Sessions - Three presenters from various institutions or departments within the same institution will present on a common theme (i.e. initiatives addressing gender issues on campus, best practices implementing Title IX, etc.). Each presenter will have 10-minutes of presentation time, sharing how they address the common theme in their department/position and/or at their institution. Following the third presenter, there will be 10-minutes for Q&A with all presenters. SACSA encourages you to connect with colleagues across and outside of the region to submit a joint proposal. You may also submit an individual proposal for a Lightning Round option, and the conference committee will match proposals accordingly.
- Poster Sessions - Presenters will utilize graphs, diagrams, pictures, data, handouts, and narrative text to form an exhibit of either completed or in progress research. The Poster Session will take place in conjunction with the Involvement Fair during the conference.
Proposal and Poster Deadlines
Program Proposals: Friday, June 9, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. EST
Poster Submissions: Friday, June 9, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. EST
Submitting a Proposal
- CLICK HERE to submit your proposal.
- Register for an account with the CMT system OR login with your username and password.
- Select "Conferences" in the top right corner and search for "SACSA."
- Select "Southern Association for College Student Affairs Annual Conference."
- Select "Create New Submission" in the top left corner.
- Complete the program proposal submission form.
For questions, concerns, or issues with the submission process please contact:
Jessica Wildfire (Programs Chair) at email@example.com.