SACSA will be opening nominations for the following positions:
The President-Elect shall:
- In the absence of the President, perform the duties of the President at all Association or Executive Council meetings and shall serve as a member of the Program Committee.
- Succeed to the office of President. As President, shall be the chief executive officer of the Association, Chairperson of the Executive Council, and presiding officer at all business sessions of the Association.
- Subject to the approval of the Executive Council, the President shall appoint all Committee Chairs to committees except the Nominating Committee unless the method is otherwise specified.
- Oversee the annual conference including local arrangements, time and place selection, and sponsors and exhibits.
- The President shall hold ex-officio membership on all committees except the Nominating Committee.
Qualifications for President Elect: Elect must have been a member of the Association for a minimum of four (4) years. Immediately prior to nomination. Nominated candidates should have a broad level of experience as a leader with the Association's committees and preference will be given to a candidate who has served on the Executive Committee.
Vice President of Member Relations
The Vice President for Member Relations shall oversee and serve as the liaison responsible for non-conference programming, multiculturalism and inclusion, Graduate Preparation Faculty programs, and SACSA’s Newest. The primary goal of this area is to devise and implement strategies that encourage and build a sense of community among SACSA members and affiliates.
Specific duties include:
- Work closely and collaboratively with the Vice President for Marketing and Outreach to prepare presentations and information on SACSA to prospective members.
- Develop, plan and implement a training curriculum and session for all new SACSA committee leadership during the annual conference or special program.
- Provide guidance and leadership to committees under his/her auspices. Proactively ensure that committees are being led properly and that members have the appropriate resources to plan and implement programs.
- Devise a communication strategy where committee chairs provide semi-annual updates on committee progress and planning
- Survey activities and functions of committees in other organizations to gain insight on possible areas of improvements for SACSA committees
- Support the strategic plan of the Organization by taking on additional duties as assigned
Qualifications for Vice Presidents: Vice Presidents must have been a member of the Association for a minimum of three (3) years immediately prior to nomination and must have previously served the Association in some relevant elected or appointed capacity.
For the 2018 election, the Association will elect two Members-at-Large (MAL). MAL #1 will serve a one-year term (2018-2019), with a focus on responsibilities related to Membership Recruitment/ Retention and Association Policies/By-Laws and service as the EC liaison to the Association’s Resolutions Chair. MAL #2 will serve a two-year term (2018-2020), with a focus on volunteer management and committee transitions and service as the EC liaison to the Association’s Historian. The Executive Council has voted to stagger these terms given possible changes to the SACSA By-laws that would change roles and responsibilities for several members of the EC.
The Members-at-Large shall serve as liaisons between the membership and the Executive Council. Responsibilities shall include:
- Serve as members of the Executive Council and attend all meetings.
- Participate in discussion, deliberation and voting on all matters before the Council.
- Gather input from Association members on an ongoing basis to ensure that various segments and opinions of the membership are adequately represented and considered by the Executive Council.
- Inform the Executive Council of significant issues impacting the membership and/or the Student Affairs profession.
- Provide support for SACSA initiatives and complete projects or special assignments as directed by the President and guided by the goals of the organization.
- Support the strategic plan of the Organization by taking on additional duties as assigned.
Qualifications for Member-at-Large: Member-at-Large must have been a member of the Association for a minimum of two (2) years prior to nomination.
To nominate a fellow SACSA member email Beau Seagraves (Nominations Committee Chair) with the nominee’s name, email address, current institution, and position for which you are nominating them. When emailing, please include "SACSA Nominations" in the subject line.
DEADLINE FOR NOMINATIONS - FRIDAY, AUGUST 24, 2018.