Call for Programs
SACSA encourages the submission of innovative and engaging program proposals for the 2018 Annual Conference scheduled for Saturday, November 3 - Monday, November 5 in Myrtle Beach, SC. Our theme for 2018 is Building ways to Educate, Advocate, Cultivate, and Heighten our Purpose in Student Affairs.
Faculty, practitioners and graduate students are invited to share innovative solutions, new research, and current trends addressing best practices in collaboration, partnerships and experiential learning related to one or more the following topics:
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion
- Mental Health
- Research and Assessment
- Academic Partnerships
SACSA program proposals will be accepted in the following formats:
- Concurrent Sessions: A traditional 50-minute breakout session. Presenters are encouraged to use creative and engaging techniques to interact with the audience.
- Lightning Round Sessions: 3 presenters from various institutions or departments within the same institution will present on a common theme (i.e. initiatives addressing gender issues on campus, best practices implementing Title IX, etc.). Each presenter will have 10-minutes of presentation time sharing how they address the common theme in their department/position and/or at their institution. Following the third presenter there will be 10-minutes for Q&A with all presenters. It is encouraged for you to connect with colleagues across and outside the region to submit a joint proposal. You may also submit individually for a Lightning Round option and the conference committee will match proposals accordingly.
- Poster Session: Presenters will utilize graphs, diagrams, pictures, data, handouts, and narrative text to form an exhibit of either completed or in progress research. *The Poster Session will take place in conjunction with the Involvement Fair during the conference.
Proposal and Poster Deadlines
PROGRAM PROPOSAL DEADLINE: Friday, June 8, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. EST
POSTER SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Friday, June 8, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. EST
Submit a Proposal
- To submit your proposal, CLICK HERE.
- Register if you have never logged in to the CMT system OR login with your username and password.
- Select "Conferences" in the top right corner and search for "SACSA."
- Select "SACSA 2018 Annual Conference."
- Select "Create New Submission" in the top left corner.
- Complete the program proposal submission form.
We look forward to you answering the call and sharing with us how you are taking the field to new directions!
Criteria for Proposal Submissions
The following fields must be completed on the online CMT form:
- Presentation Title
- Desired Session Format (Concurrent, Poster, or Lightning Round)
- Presenter Name, Title, and Institution
- Relationship to Conference Theme
- Method of Involvement
- Learning Outcomes
- Evidence of Program Content
- Background of Presenters
For questions, concerns, or issues with the submission process please contact:
Lakiesa Cantey Rawlinson (Programs Chair) at firstname.lastname@example.org.