Conference Presentation Template
SACSA's Marketing Team and Conference Committee invites presenters to use the official conference presentation template. It provides several options for slides that also promote the conference hashtag - #SACSA19.
Click here to download template
Call for Programs and Posters - Closed for 2019
The Call for Programs and Posters is now closed. Thank you to everyone who submitted a proposal for the 2019 SACSA Conference.
SACSA encourages the submission of innovative and engaging program proposals for the 2019 Annual Conference scheduled for Saturday, November 2 – Monday, November 4 in Raleigh, NC. Our theme for 2019 is Connecting Theory, Practice and Purpose
Faculty, practitioners and graduate students are invited to share innovative solutions, new research, and current trends addressing best practices in collaboration, partnerships and experiential learning related to one or more the following topics:
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion
- Mental Health
- Research and Assessment
- Academic Partnerships
SACSA program proposals will be accepted in the following formats:
- Concurrent Sessions – A traditional 50-minute breakout session. Presenters are encouraged to use creative and engaging techniques to interact with the audience.
- Lightning Round Sessions – 3 presenters from various institutions or departments within the same institution will present on a common theme (i.e. initiatives addressing gender issues on campus, best practices implementing Title IX, etc.). Presenters will have 10-minutes of presentation time, sharing how they address the common theme in their department/position and/or at their institution. Following the third presenter there will be 10-minutes for Q&A with all presenters. It is encouraged for you to connect with colleagues across and outside the region to submit a joint proposal. You may also submit individually for a Lightning Round option and the conference committee will match proposals accordingly.
- Poster Session - Presenters will utilize graphs, diagrams, pictures, data, handouts, and narrative text to form an exhibit of either completed or in progress research. *The Poster Session will take place in conjunction with the Involvement Fair during the conference.
Submitting a Proposal or Poster
- To submit your proposal, CLICK HERE or go to https://cmt3.research.microsoft.com/User/Login?ReturnUrl=%2FSACSA2019
- Register if you have never logged in to the CMT system OR login with your username and password.
- Select “Conferences” in the top right corner and search for “SACSA.”
- Select “SACSA 2019 Annual Conference.”
- Select “Create New Submission” in the top left corner.
- Complete the program proposal submission form.
We look forward to you answering the call and sharing with us how you are taking the field to new directions!
The following fields must be completed on the online CMT form:
● Presentation Title
● Desired Session Format (Concurrent, Poster, or Lightning Round)
● Presenter(s) Name, Title, and Institution
● Relationship to Conference Theme
● Method of Involvement
● Learning Outcomes
● Evidence of Program Content
● Background of Presenters
For questions, concerns, or issues with the submission process please contact:
Mr. Varselles Cummings (Programs Chair) – email@example.com
Program and Poster Proposal Deadlines
PROGRAM PROPOSAL DEADLINE: Friday, July 8, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. EST
POSTER SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Thursday, September 5, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. EST