The heart of the SACSA experience is rooted in the volunteer leaders. There are various ways to get involved within SACSA and many benefits. See below for descriptions of SACSA’s volunteer positions as well as current openings.
- Gain professional development experience.
- Develop a professional network with colleagues across the southeast.
- Work with a dynamic team of devoted student affairs professionals who value inclusiveness, professionalism, and collegiality.
Questions? Contact a Member-at-Large below.
If interested in a current volunteer position opening, please contact the individual listed below.
Volunteer Leadership Positions
There are three overarching groups of volunteer positions within SACSA. To better understand the structure of SACSA and where these positions report, please reference the SACSA organizational chart. Appointed and elected positions each have a different process.
- Executive Director
- Past President
- President Elect
- Vice President for Professional Development
- Vice President for Marketing
- Vice President for Member Engagement
- Member-at-Large 1
- Member-at-Large 2
- Awards & Recognition Chair
- Career Service Chair
- Communications & Technology Chair
- Journal Editor
- Membership & Recruitment Chair
- Mid-Managers Institute Director
- Mid-Managers Institute Faculty
- Multicultural Awareness Chair
- New Professionals Institute Director
- New Professionals Institute Faculty
- Nominations Chair
- Non-Conference Programming Chair
- Recruitment & Retention Chair
- Research & Assessment Chair
- Resolutions Chair
- SACSA’s Newest Chair
- SSAO Initiatives Chair
- CAS Liaison
- Faculty Grad Prep Liaison
- Public Policy Chair
- Presidential Scholar
- Sponsor & Exhibits Chair
- Strategic Planning Chair
- Time & Place Chair
- Conference Chair
- Conference Assessment Chair
- Conference Communication Chair
- Conference Programs Chair
- Conference Registration Chair
- Guidebook Coordinator
- Graduate Student Symposium Chair
- Involvement Fair Chair
- Local Arrangements Chair
- Major Speakers Chair
- Registration Chair
- SACSA Serves Chair
- Undergraduate Symposium Chair
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Wellness Coordinator